Regarding the Frandor Shopping Center, DID YOU KNOW:
1) It opened in 1954.
2) It was built on an old golf course.
3) It was the second regional mall in Michigan.
4) It takes its name from “Francis” and “Dorothy” Corr.
5) There was an amusement park.
6) There was a miniature golf course.
7) It was home to the Spartan Twin Theatre… and the Spartan Triplex
8) The Holden-Reid drapers have been there since the beginning.
9) Kiddie rides
10) Pony rides
With malls and malls so close, Frandor always attracts customers. It’s a Lansing/East Lansing tradition and it’s so cool that local residents have kept it alive, even with the ever-changing tastes and fickleness that our country’s trends are famous for.
The Lansing State Journal did a great article on Frandor in 2015 which has vintage photos and more information you should read. See this article for yourself here…so go buy something at Frandor, have a coffee at Panera and a coney at Sparty! See more of what Frandor has to offer at shopfrandor.com.
Yes, the Frandor Amusement Center has been gone for years, but you can still relive your (or your child’s) memories of the kiddie rides that were so popular back then. See – once again – a bit of the fun we kids had at KiddieLand in Frandor. Is there something like that around where we can take the kids? And I’m not talking about a penny horseback ride past a department store…
MORE LANSING THINGS!